Monday, August 15, 2005

It's Official: He's Famous

Ryan Seacrest has just secured his place in the pantheon of fame. According to an article by the Associated Press, Ryan Seacrest has signed on to host "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve," a fixture of American pop culture, which Clark was unable to host last year due to a minor stroke. And not only is he the co-host, but he will also take over as host eventually. And proof positive that he has made it: he will executive produce the show as well.

Ah, yes. I remember the early days of American Idol. Such a monkey, he was, jumping around the stage, mugging for the camera, and wearing down the nerves of the already Idol-weary Brian Dunkleman. I hated myself for watching this show, especially in the beginning. My addiction to talent shows outweighed my annoyance with the hosts, the format of the show, the exploitation. Doc would have none of it, you can be sure. He does not take kindly to shows that exploit people's suffering. But I stuck with it and I'm glad I did.

Ryan Seacrest has grown over the four seasons we have watched him host. He seems to be maturing and taking a stand to protect contestants from the evil machinations of 19E, the producers. He also looks better. His weight has evened out as well as his tan. He's just...he's...sniff...I'm just so proud of him! Way to go, Ryan. You've smoothed out your weirdness and dialed down your manic antics, the end result being a savvy professional who is set for life. I doff my hat to you, good sir.

1 Comments:

Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

I'm proud of him, too. There couldn't be a better choice. It's nice to see good people make it!

Monday, August 15, 2005 5:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home