Monday, November 20, 2006

Holy Crap!

I purchased Oasis' album Definately Maybe when it first came out in 1994. I didn't really know any of their tunes but decided to buy the CD anyway, based on the critical acclaim it was receiving. However, before I had a chance to really listen to the CD, the band quickly began to come unglued. Thinking them a bunch of knuckleheads, I abandoned the idea of even trying to give their music a listen. I'm shallow that way.

Twelve years later (gasp) I found their CD, dusted it off and loaded it up on my iTunes at work, where I have time to let music grow on me. Lo and behold: it's a pretty good album. I particularly enjoy Shakermaker and have provided you a Youtube so you can discover or rediscover this group of grab-ass playing goofballs for yourself.



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

I never listen to my copy either. I got it for free when I worked at the music store. It actually is pretty good. Oasis lasted about as long as they were supposed to, maybe longer.

Monday, November 20, 2006 4:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

Oasis' first two albums are about as good of first two albums as any band has ever had. The albums nosedived after the band members got clean and sober, unfortunately.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Elizabeth: you're right about that!

BO: Love the new avatar. Thanks!

Grant Miller: sobriety is overrated in the arts.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:30:00 AM

 
Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

Thanks for the new avatar, Big Orange. It's very gentlemanly of you to consider our feelings.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 6:57:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home