Wednesday, November 08, 2006

People I'd Love to Shop With

Inspired by this post on The Sirmarco Letters...


Famous British Author, J.R.R. Tolkein
***
I would love to shop with J.R.R. because he has a classic sense of style and an enormous vocabulary he could apply when telling me whether my butt looked too big in those pants or if my tits looked great in this top. I believe he has a fine sense of humor and is a keen observer of human nature. I'd be glad to help him find a new vicuna coat. He'd be helpful when selecting holiday linens. I'd avoid his book recommendations, however.
***
We would wander around the Tinder Box and pick out pipe tobacco suitable for Hobbits. Perhaps we would admire the dragon statuary. Then we would take that first step of our adventure circumnavigating the mall. We would stop every half and hour or so for a snack. We would slog our way through Mordor...I mean Abercrombe and Fitch. We would visit Goldberry, who now works at Bath & Body Works. We would try to out maneuver Tom Bombadil, the security guard. At the end of our journey, we would feast at Steak Escape and swap tales of our glory. I would nag him to get to the point and he would beg me for more details. I'd try to get him to restart the Inklings, this time to include women. He'd grump that he's not interested. Then he'd call for Shadowfax and we'd ride home.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Moderator said...

Why do hobits have furry feet? Just curious.

I'm kind of like that, except my palms are hairy, not my feet.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:07:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's because they don't wear shoes, their feet are always exposed to the elements. The fur helps keep them warm and protected. Not unlike your palms, Grant, which you use to walk on.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

The Tinder Box stores do indeed still exist (click the orange link in my post), though I think J.R.R and I would be wandring around the Tinder Box of my youth.

As for Hobbits and furry feet, it's kind of a chicken and egg thing, don't you think? Did they start off having furry feet or did the furry feet evolve due to the lack of sufficient footwear?

Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:41:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe they always had furry feet, having evovled from a more primative and furrier self. They maintain a closeness to nature not shared by other upright primates, so they kept the fur.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home