Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Christams Wishes For You

Dear Friends,

As I sit here drinking my Christmas Diet Coke, I'm thinking about all of you lovely people. I'm looking forward to a couple of busy days and I'm not sure I'll get the chance to write much until later. But I wanted to capture a few things and lay them out here.

First and foremost, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I hope all the hard work and stress pays off. Even if you don't celebrate Chistmas, I hope you have a lovely day off. I wish for you a Christmas Miracle. Perhaps you find your keys without turning the house upside down. Maybe a dashing young man or a brave lady will save your life. No matter what the size and scope of the miracle, recognize it and honor it by declaring out loud to yourself or your family: I've found my keys! It's a Christmas Miracle!

Secondly, I invite you to listen to this song and think about all those people who can't be with you today. Remember the good times you've had with them. Give them a call, if you can, and raise a glass in their name.


And finally, I hope your heart blossoms and swells with all of the magic there is around you. And don't tell me it's not there. It is and you know it. It may not be as grand as it was when you were four years old but it's there. You just have to look a little harder to find it.

Love,
Flannery
XOXOX


PS: I hope Santa brings you everything you asked for.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger gennifer6 said...

that's wonderful...thank you. ;) May we all be that lucky! Happy Christmas, folks!

Sunday, December 24, 2006 10:38:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'd have something wonderful-- if not overtly sarcastic-- to say, but in the spirit of keeping busy, we're picking up Ms Sunflower early, so I haven't had a chance to read this yet. I comment 'cuz I want y'all to know that I'm blogsurfin' and deeply involved in all the goings on.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 11:38:00 AM

 
Blogger The Boob Lady said...

Happy Holidays to you Flannery, hope your holiday is lovely. :)

xo
Boob Lady

Sunday, December 24, 2006 5:23:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm sittin' here in the eventide with my 2nd can of Steel Reserve and some really good vegan chilli that I opened 9 cans by hand to make. I opened them all with an old, rusty-ish can opener and it didn't bust my wrist! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!

Here's to hopin' everyone had a lovely one! Now, Lil' Miss Sunny-flower et. al. are going to have some Christmas Eve Chilli in front of "The Santa Clause II", then Magoo's Christmas Carol!!

Sunday, December 24, 2006 7:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home