Monday, January 11, 2010

The Dream/Reality Barrier

So the other night, Lucy and I snuggled up and hit the hay. It was all comfy cozy as we watched some Futurama and dozed off. At some point in the night, I was dreaming that an intruder had made his way into my bedroom and was holding his hand over my mouth. I was struggling to move my head and get out from under his arm. I wasn't able to get away, but I did turn my head so I could bite him.

As I bit down on his arm, I began to wake up only to realize that it was actually LUCY'S ARM I was biting. She had flung it over my mouth as she tossed and turned in the night! I disengaged my teeth and she pulled her arm away and rolled over, completely unfazed. Creeped out, I tried to get back to sleep. But could only think of the lyrics to this song:

Grandpa's beard is long and gray
It grows longer every day
Grandma chews it in her sleep
Says it tastes like shredded wheat...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger SkylersDad said...

You must not have been biting too hard if it didn't bother Lucy. I wouldn't be looking to dodge Child Protective Services quite yet!

Monday, January 11, 2010 2:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

EEk! I hope we can leave CPS out of this...

Monday, January 11, 2010 2:20:00 PM

 
Blogger BeckEye said...

Yeah, that couldn't have been a hard bite. You'd make a terrible vampire and/or zombie.

Monday, January 11, 2010 5:04:00 PM

 
Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

That poem is pretty funny. Too bad the intruder wasn't another famous person you were biting... like Simon Cowell.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home