Friday, May 13, 2005

Love, love, love

Hello everyone out there listening in for the Princess Greenpearl Hour of Love. I'd like to tell you all that my youngest cousin, Aaron, is getting married this October. I cannont express in words the delight and joy in my heart for him right now. He has met a lovely lady whom he loves very much and who also seems to know what's best for him. Well, I'd hazard a guess that most women think they know what's best for a man, but menfolk rarely listen. In this case, by golly, he listens. She's a keeper and a welcome addition to our family.

He has asked me to stand up for him along with his sister and her sister on his wedding day and I've happily agreed. We will witness them wed in October on the campus of the Ohio State University. I've offered my lovely little girls as flower girls, if they were interested. It sounds like it will be on the informal side, which suits us all. And I am seriously tickled pink about the whole thing.

Once again, cupid has struck his arrow and I am in the stands cheering him along. I don't know why I am no longer cynical about love; must be because I hit the jackpot, myself, and I wish that kind of happiness on everyone. Marriage isn't easy, folks, and neither is parenting. But the bonds we share with one another certainly become more visible and tangible. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes not. But I believe our purpose on this earth is to connect with each other and grow into something bigger and more wonderful than we think we can be. So, I have been working in my life on strengthening those bonds I already have and fostering new ones where I can.

Having a shared history with those around you is important to your health, ladies and gentleman. You then have a group of people who will tell you that you need to eat more or eat less. They will tell you when you're being a creep and when you're being a saint. They will give you a pass when you step in it and they will seek a pass from you when they step in it. Forgiveness, understanding, love; a Jedi needs these things.

So, la la la, it's Friday and there is love all around. Enjoy the weekend and take some time to strengthen a bond you already have or create a new one. Just remember to be patient, kind and forgiving.

Yay, Love!

Greenpearl out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home