Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Riley's First Day of School

Today Riley starts nursery school. She says she's nervous and worried. (She's three years old, people!) I asked her what she was worried about. She said that she was afraid that the boys would chase her. I told her, if they were chasing her, she just had to tell them to stop it and if they didn't stop, she should tell her teacher. That seemed to satisfy her. But everytime I bring up school, she says she's nervous. I'm not sure if she really is nervous or if she's playing. Sometimes she tries emotions and attitudes out, she practices feeling certain ways.

I wish I could be there but I can't get out of work today. But my Mom is coming to town and they will probably all go with her. The teachers ask that a parent stay there for the whole time the first week, in order to ease any separation anxiety. It's a co-op nursery school so they will give Doc something to do while he waits for her to finish her first day of school. He will be serving cutting duties. Perhaps Mom and Lucy will stay at the school, too.

I can't wait to hear all about what happened, although, I'm not sure I'll have any reliable witnesses. Doc usually goes with the flow and won't say anything more than, "Everything went fine, we had a good time." I want details. Hopefully, my Mom will go; she's a sponge. I know I'll get the complete picture from her. And Riley? She's like her daddy. I don't imagine I'll find out much from her either.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home