Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Blog-O-Rama Menu, Part Deux

OK, so you guys gave me a couple of ideas; thank you. Now I only have to think of about thirteen more. I believe I'm up to the challenge. So, here goes:
  1. Review An Episode Of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Picked At Random By My DVR.
  2. How I Escaped The Trekker Subculture
  3. Allegedly, I Hate Science Fiction And Other Nefarious Rumours
  4. If I Were A Rich Man, I Would Totally Need A New Wardrobe
  5. Things I Hate, Things Grant Miller Loves
  6. Happy Throgsgafen!
  7. Hmm...
  8. Well...
  9. Perhaps something interesting will happen to me.
  10. Resolve, Part 5 (The End)
  11. God, Four More?
  12. I'm Sure My Kids Will Pass Another Milestone At This Point. I Can Write About That.
  13. When Did Justin Timberlake Become Hot?
  14. Everything I Need To Know, I Learned From The Movie Zoolander
  15. Reflection: How Participating In A Month-Long Blog-O-Rama Changed My Life

There, done.

Mind you, this list is flexible and, like it's author, prone to whimsy. I plan to stick to it as best I can, but I am generally not a girl who likes to follow the rules. I will, however, play your requests, so to speak. Those items you suggested will appear in the next thirty days.

I'll leave you with this quote from Walt Whitman (the only quote that adorns my desk, by the way):

"Do I contradict myself? Then I contradict myself! I am vast; I contain multitudes."

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Big Orange set the bar high with his list. I feel like this is going to be an endurance test for me and I don't want to be staring at the screen at 11:57 p.m. on a day trying to think of something to post.

As you can see, though, I'm not locked into my list. But it feels good to go in with a plan, even if it is half-assed.

I'd be interested in comparing experiences with you and Big Orange. Perhaps we could each at least commit to writing a reflection on the experience and comparing notes. Maybe we could record our reactions in haiku and post it on Poor Man's Telepathy or something.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 9:49:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Let's definately email each other about the process.

As far as writing poetry, why don't you try reading some to inspire you. I'd like to recommend two poets to you. One: W.H. Auden. He's quirky and fun, sometimes kind of heady, but overall very wonderful. My favorite poem of his: Jam Tart

Two: my good friend Roy Bentley.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:04:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I listen to Tink, my idea muse.

I'm so glad I can help you be less obscure. It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

Things you hate, but things I love?

You're talking about me, aren't you?

Thursday, November 02, 2006 3:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

However, you said you love cheap knee highs and I hate them. I took that as a request.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:08:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home