Saturday, July 07, 2007

Did I Tell You I've Been On Vacation?

On an impulse and at the last minute, I took last week off work. My boss was going on vacation and suggested that we all make ourselves scarce, since everyone else was. So I did. And being at home means very little time on the computer, so thus the lack of posts. I have also started the second half of the summer semester. Phew. So far I have an A average in grad school, but that is for one class that I designed. I'm still waiting for my ethics grade; I'm pretty sure it's an A too, but keep your fingers crossed for me.



I'm sitting here on my deck, talking to the neighbor boy and watching Lucy scoot around on her scooter. The neighbor boy just left to go fetch some snakes to show me. I just can't wait to see them. (gag).



We saw Ratatouille today at the theater. It was cute...sort of...when I wasn't gagging at the thought of rats handling food. Really, suspending my disbelief was in a word: impossible. It's been a long time since I felt like I was going to vomit during a movie. Probably not since I saw Sin City.

Anyway, it's been a good week. Expect more next week from me.

Peace out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah!! Sin City! I forgot 'bout that! I'll have to bump it up on the "cue".

Aaahh, vacation. I live for a year when "summer vacation" really MEANS that. So far, ever summer here in FLA has sucked the big 'un. Prolly why I tunned out and hit the outhouse for a few days this week.

Saturday, July 07, 2007 10:12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That movie was, in a word, hideous. I think I spent more time hiding my face in EG's shoulder than actually looking at the screen.

Sunday, July 08, 2007 1:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Dale said...

Ah, vacation. I was off last week too and needed it. There aren't going to be any more snakes on a blog are there? I need warnings.

Sunday, July 08, 2007 2:19:00 PM

 
Blogger SkylersDad said...

Glad you are getting some well deserved down time Flannery!

Sunday, July 08, 2007 4:13:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home