Friday, October 24, 2008

Celebrities Who Have Appeared In My Dreams: Rocco DiSpirito


I was at a wedding reception and it was very crowded. Lots of people and kids milling around. I remember being mildly frustrated and sitting down at a long table with my friends. I was looking around the room when Rocco came up to the table and plopped down in the chair across from me.

I was momentarily surprised to see him. He was wearing a brown suit and a black tie. He looked a little bit frazzled; his hair was a mess and he seemed to be a bit sweaty. I was just thinking about how cute he is when he pulled a small box out of his inside coat pocket. He handed the box to me and asked, "Will you marry me?"

I was about to say, "Well, gee, Rocco, you know I'm already married," but before the words could form in my mouth, I had opened the light blue Tiffany's box to see a small, brown enameld grandfather clock with diamonds around the face.

I looked at him and said, "You know, this is the most hideous thing I've ever received. What were you thinking?" I was outraged that he thought I'd like this and marry him because of it. Not to even mention the fact that I was already married.

He may be cute, but he sure is clueless...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

Now if he had gotten you a mantle clock like I did, who knows how this dream might have turned out...

Doc

Friday, October 24, 2008 1:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

with a name like "rocco" I thought he was the character in a bodice ripper-- you know, naked against the sun an' all that.

the important question, though, is didja' keep th' clock anyway? You could always put it on eBay...

Friday, October 24, 2008 2:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Dale said...

Never trust a chef who sweats outside the kitchen.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:45:00 AM

 
Blogger vikkitikkitavi said...

And he can't dance.

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Doc: No Doubt!

Cap'n: Alas no bodice ripping, nor did I keep it; it was made of fairy dust, apparently.

Dale: Absolutely!

Vikki: True dat.

Monday, October 27, 2008 9:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Freida Bee said...

Flannery, have you been giving your marriage the time it takes to keep it fresh (in a Commodors way, not a douchy one)?

I have had dreams with Tim Robbins a few times. Rrarr.

Sunday, November 02, 2008 2:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home