Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I had the strangest dream...

I was in Boston and staying in a cheap hotel with my parents. The room was paneled and the bed had brown bedspreads. There was orange indoor/outdoor carpet. We weren't there long until I couldn't find my luggage. I searched and searched until I found my duffle bag wadded up and filled with empty Walmart bags. When I started pulling the bags out, I noticed that there was rat poop in the bottom. Well, it's what I identified in my dream as rat poop, but it looked like this:




I was sufficiently skeeved out so I went out on the balcony to watch the boats in the harbor. There were many novelty boats like a river boat complete with paddles, a ski boat and a ferris wheel boat. they were all sort of miniturized and driven by people using a bicycle wheel rig. They were flying around in the small area of sky blue waters outside my window. The waters were cordoned off by boardwalks with no railing, which I found to be quite unsafe. But then again the water only looked knee-deep anyway.

I went back into the room, which was like three hotel rooms together. There were pigeons roosting on the drapery rods and the rat made an appearance. It was a big rat. It looked like a wet, white cat.




I bravely got up and let the rat out the patio door and went to talk to my Mom, who was lying on the bed. I told her I was sorry about the rat, but I'd never experienced rats in Boston before; I had always stayed "On the hill" and not by the harbor.


We went out on the patio and looked at the surreal water. I had a moment of peace where I could just enjoy the silence, even though I was still worried about what happened to my clothes and what I was supposed to do for work and why no celebrities had appeared.
What could it mean?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No clue, but I feel a lot like the white cat. Oh it's Cordoned Off. (Sorry, the editor in me).

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Thanks for the edit. I've fixed it. I've been thinking about you...I will call you later.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:26:00 PM

 
Blogger SkylersDad said...

I don't have any clues about your dream, but I do have a general comment about dreams. I never have any that make any sense, are longer than what I assume is about 5 seconds in real time, and almost never remember them.

Does that make me strange?

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Trooper Thorn said...

Perhaps it's just like David Allan Coe once sang, "Boston ain't your kind of town."

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Dale said...

You're not drunk enough when you go to sleep. I love those wacky dreams but could do without rats of any kind.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:30:00 AM

 
Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

The white cat is your celebrity in disguise... I'm thinking Billy Idol.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Cormac Brown said...

"What could it mean?"

No more Oreos just before bedtime, especially after having Chinese food for dinner...they just don't mix.

Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:44:00 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

It means David Lynch would like you to write a movie treatment for him.

Friday, December 05, 2008 12:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

SD: That's not what makes you strange. ;-)

Trooper Thorn: Welcome! But...I love Boston! But you could be right, David Allen Coe rarely leads one astray.

Dale: You have a point. I'll add booze to my grocery list.

GKL: That's it! I wonder why I never realized it. That rat did slink like Billy Idol.

Cormac Brown: How about Oreos and Bacon?

Bubs: I'll give David a call...I'd like to have a screen writing job.

Friday, December 05, 2008 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Cormac Brown said...

Everything goes with bacon, but that doesn't mean it won't make your dreams any less cryptic.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:21:00 AM

 
Blogger gennifer6 said...

Hmmmm....I'm wondering where the celebrities are, too. Now that's weird!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home