Monday, May 11, 2009

There's Nothing Quite Like Getting Felt Up at the Airport

Well, I made it to Chicago, I'm glad to say. I even got here on the right day, which is an accomplishment to be sure. I'll be working tomorrow and Wednesday and flying out Thursday morning, which is a much more humane schedule than I took on my last trip to Tenessee. By the time my return planed landed I was weepy with exhaustion. This time, though, I'll have time to collect myself before heading home.

And what better way to collect oneself than to be in the company of long-time blogger buddies, Bubs, Johnny Yen, Grant Miller and possibly Splotchy? I'll be meeting up with them and any other Chibloggers that can make their way to the famed Hala Kahiki Tiki bar on Wednesday. I'm totally stoked! I'm also bummed that Doc can't be here. But hopefully, he'll be so jealous, we'll have to plan another trip out here together in the very near future.

I'll let you know how it goes and I promise to take lots of pictures. But for now, I'm taking my exhausted, travel-weary self to bed with a trashy novel. I realize it's only 6:30 p.m. central time, but I don't care. I'm butt tired. And those of us who watch Murder She Wrote know the value of an early bird special and an early bed time.

Oh, and about the title of this post: I did get felt up on the top half on the way through security. Apparently because my fleece sweatshirt was deemed "bulky" and might possibly be hiding incendiary devices. Lucky me.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Had I known I had the option of feeling you up while you were here in TN I would have availed myself to it. ;0)

Monday, May 11, 2009 8:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Utah Savage said...

I stopped flying when they started treating me like I was the real unibomber.
I figured the next step in the intrusive and harassing treatment at security would be the famous strip and cavity search. That would no doubt land me in jail at an undisclosed location. I fly no more. That is until this Xmas when I get to escape to Jordan where they don't celebrate Xmas. Let me know if you ever come to Salt Lake. I can think of no good reason for anyone to visit Salt Lake, but just saying...

Monday, May 11, 2009 8:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Dr. MVM: You rogue!

US: I'll take you up on that, if I find myself in Utah. Thanks for the link...I've returned the favor! Stop by anytime...virtually or literally, in the unlikely event you should find yourself in Ohio.

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Some Guy said...

Have a great time, Flann! Be sure to keep your wits about you when you're out with those malcontents.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:31:00 AM

 
Blogger SkylersDad said...

You haven't even begun to get "felt up" until you meet up with those guys!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:11:00 AM

 
Blogger BeckEye said...

You get to meet the Chi-Town Bloggers Boys Club? I'm jealous.

Wow. Just read SkyDad's comment and now I'm REALLY jealous.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

Oh, she's got incindiary de-vices in there, I'll just betcha!!

::ahem::

Smuggle us all back a pizza, 'kay??

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I find that the best way to get through airport security quickly is by dressing as Elvis Presley and repeatedly pointing to individual TSA staff and saying "thank you, thank you very much".

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Doc said...

Those craven bastards! Nobody gets to feel up my wife but me! I hope you got an upgrade to first class for the grope!

Have fun tonight Darling. I'm thinking of you fondly.

Doc

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:20:00 PM

 
Blogger lulu said...

Sorry I'll miss you in Chicago. Beware of the drinks (and the bloggers) in that place! Both are dangerous!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:03:00 PM

 
Blogger vikkitikkitavi said...

Just don't agree to take any packages from Grant Miller back through security. I did, and the next thing I knew, I was being waterboarded by Mary Cheney, who was filling in for her dad.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 5:07:00 PM

 
Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Oh, I love all those guys. It was a great night when I got to meet them last Christmas.

Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:57:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home