Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Words That Make You Sound Drunk

My co-worker Wendy and I keep a running list. I thought I'd share it with you and see if you had any further suggestions:
  • Fiduciary
  • Judicial
  • Similarly
  • Articulate
  • Reciprocity
  • Instantiation
  • Pedestrian
  • Substantial
  • Perambulate
  • Periodicity
Others?

Doc chimes in...

  • He had had a cold in the past.
  • penial implant
  • douche
  • travesty
  • wimple
Barbara's had a few...
  • perpendicular
  • cauterize
  • amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
  • ... most disease names, really...
Gennifer6 threw one up...
  • facetious
Beckeye stumbled over a few...
  • Juxtaposition
  • Chartreuse
  • Mischievous
  • Arteriosclerosis
  • Goldschlager (and you usually get drunk if you're asking for it) 
Skyler's Dad tied a few on...

  • Thudpucker
  • Lookie here
  • and of course 'Hold my beer and watch this'!

David Barber slurred...Phesant plucker and the Cap'n refused to let us have antepenultimate.

Other co-workers staggered through and coughed up:
  • Criticism
  • Phlebotomy 
  • Ancillary

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Doc said...

I don't know about words, but I can think of a few phrases.

Any sentence where you use the word "had" twice in a row. E.g. He had had a cold in the past.

"I love you man"

"penial implant"

"douche"

"travesty"

"wimple"

Doc

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:05:00 PM

 
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

haha, these are great and they make me feel drunk, just saying them!

Here's a couple more:
perpendicular
cauterize
amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
... most disease names, really...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:24:00 PM

 
Blogger gennifer6 said...

facicious, I almost can't say it, nor can I spell it. .

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:34:00 PM

 
Blogger BeckEye said...

Juxtaposition
Chartreuse
Mischievous
Arteriosclerosis
Goldschlager (and you usually get drunk if you're asking for it)

Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:29:00 AM

 
Blogger SkylersDad said...

Thudpucker
Lookie here
and of course 'Hold my beer and watch this'!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:15:00 PM

 
Blogger David Barber said...

Pheasant plucker. Hahaha!

Say this rhyme as fast as you can:

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's son.
I'm only plucking pheasant's 'til the pheasant plucker comes.

I almost couldn't write it without slipping up.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

just as long as "antipenultimate" never makes the list, I'm good.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Doc said...

Gee whiz! That is quite a selection you've got there.

Doc

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Freida Bee said...

One of my favorite posts ever. Gonna make my own mini list and come back with it asap.

Friday, July 02, 2010 3:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home