Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Words That Make You Sound Drunk

My co-worker Wendy and I keep a running list. I thought I'd share it with you and see if you had any further suggestions:
  • Fiduciary
  • Judicial
  • Similarly
  • Articulate
  • Reciprocity
  • Instantiation
  • Pedestrian
  • Substantial
  • Perambulate
  • Periodicity
Others?

Doc chimes in...

  • He had had a cold in the past.
  • penial implant
  • douche
  • travesty
  • wimple
Barbara's had a few...
  • perpendicular
  • cauterize
  • amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
  • ... most disease names, really...
Gennifer6 threw one up...
  • facetious
Beckeye stumbled over a few...
  • Juxtaposition
  • Chartreuse
  • Mischievous
  • Arteriosclerosis
  • Goldschlager (and you usually get drunk if you're asking for it) 
Skyler's Dad tied a few on...

  • Thudpucker
  • Lookie here
  • and of course 'Hold my beer and watch this'!

David Barber slurred...Phesant plucker and the Cap'n refused to let us have antepenultimate.

Other co-workers staggered through and coughed up:
  • Criticism
  • Phlebotomy 
  • Ancillary

9 comments:

  1. I don't know about words, but I can think of a few phrases.

    Any sentence where you use the word "had" twice in a row. E.g. He had had a cold in the past.

    "I love you man"

    "penial implant"

    "douche"

    "travesty"

    "wimple"

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, these are great and they make me feel drunk, just saying them!

    Here's a couple more:
    perpendicular
    cauterize
    amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
    ... most disease names, really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. facicious, I almost can't say it, nor can I spell it. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juxtaposition
    Chartreuse
    Mischievous
    Arteriosclerosis
    Goldschlager (and you usually get drunk if you're asking for it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thudpucker
    Lookie here
    and of course 'Hold my beer and watch this'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pheasant plucker. Hahaha!

    Say this rhyme as fast as you can:

    I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's son.
    I'm only plucking pheasant's 'til the pheasant plucker comes.

    I almost couldn't write it without slipping up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just as long as "antipenultimate" never makes the list, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee whiz! That is quite a selection you've got there.

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite posts ever. Gonna make my own mini list and come back with it asap.

    ReplyDelete