Friday, August 18, 2006

An Open Apology to Big Orange


I tried, dude. I tried to read Oryx and Crake. I got the audio book and jammed tape one in the tape deck yesterday morning on my way to work. It was very poetic. And poetry makes my eyes glaze over. I forced myself to concentrate and imagine the world I was hearing about. I do feel like I was able to visualize the story; it wasn't too foreign. I did that for you. I stretched my shallow brain just a bit, because you insisted.

But my spirit couldn't stand tall. It was very depressing. Presently, I'm hanging onto my sanity by my fingernails and I felt Campbell Scott's dulcet tones pulling my fingers back one by one. I just couldn't take it. It bummed me out in a major way. So, last night on the way home, I plucked the tape out of the tape deck and listened to the news and began to cheer up noticably.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home