Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tongue Tongs


My girls love to play with tongs. We've gone through a couple of sets of tongs since we had children. We've had to purchase at least one set a year, as a matter of fact. Last night, when I got home from work, they were fighting over our one, lone pair of tongs. Lucy ended up hanging on to them. I tried to console Riley with a whisk of her very own, but a whisk, sadly, does not hold the magic of a pair of tongs.

Lucy hung on to that pair of tongs all night long. And know this: Lucy is only two and a half years old; she has the attention span of a humming bird. But those were her tongs, and by God, they were not going to fall into the wrong hands (i.e. Riley's)! Sibling rivalry drives these children in mysterious ways, I'm finding. This is new for me, being an only child.

Eventually, we settled down in our bedroom to watch some cartoons and Lucy started a game with me. She told me to stick out my toungue, and when I did, she'd try to clamp it down with the tongs. I'd pull my toungue out of the way at the last minute, but I'd still cry out like it hurt. For some reason, this was hilarious to Lucy. She kept prompting me to do it again and again. She was beside herself with giggles.

I'm amazed at what my girls find funny. They find comedy in the most interesting places.

3 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

I am knee deep in sibiling rivalry over here...it gets more interesting as they get older! The one that really surprises me is between my sister and my youngest daughter...they are way too much alike! It's funny to watch at 29 year old telling herself to grow up.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:40:00 PM

 
Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

You think the tongs are bad, wait until they start fighting over boys. The you-know-what is going to hit the fan then.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:54:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it My fioricet foricet fiorinal Cost of ambien Hiking bc

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 6:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home