Sunday, July 23, 2006

Celebrities Who Have Appeared In My Dreams, Episode 101



I am not now nor have I ever been a fan of Frank Zappa. I did, however, admire his testimony in front of Congress with regard to free speech. When I was in college I was going through a period of self-doubt/identity crisis (imagine that). I had a dream where I was sitting in a pub with dark wood walls and brass trim. Frank Zappa appeared in the bar and sat down to have a chat with me. He told me in the dream that I needed to find a way to live my life without compromising my values. He was wearing his hair in a pony tail and he had on a green shirt and tan dockers. He also gave me a paper clip.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh sweet Lord! Not a paperclip!!!

AAAAAAAAAAUGH!

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sorry. I panicked there. I'm sure everything will be okay.

[holding the sign of the cross with his index fingers]

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:11:00 PM

 
Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

Zappa was an amazing man. If he offered me advice, in reality or in a dreamstate, I would have listened. You obviously did!

p.s.
You never when you might need a paperclip.

Monday, July 24, 2006 6:14:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

RN: What's so scary about a paper clip? I know the purchasing department where I work fears them. Is it a bad omen?

ME: I knew you'd understand. And I'm with you on the paperclip; paperclips are very useful.

Monday, July 24, 2006 9:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I knew he was your boy, BO, and I knew you'd be jealous of my subconscious connection with him. That's why I logged this dream first. I'm naughty that way.

It's funny, the celebrities who appear in my dreams are ususally ones I'm not necessarily a rabid fan of. Although sometimes I get lucky and meet up with the likes of Clay Aiken or Adam Ant in his pre-crazy, make-up wearing days.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:40:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home