Thursday, September 28, 2006

Self-Improvement Goal 3: Complain Less


I'm so tired of hearing myself complain. I even complain to myself about me. I'm going to stop complaining. I'm especially going to stop saying this: I'm tired. Just affirming that I'm tired makes me that much more tired. It's got to stop.

Sure, there are times when one must stand up and point out the unfairness of a situation. But I've taken to deconstructing the tiniest of annoyances and describing them with such embroidery. I'm looking forward to revealing the latest affronts to my personage.

It must stop. I'm enjoying it a wee bit too much. I have nothing really to complain about these days, anyway. Doc's found a great job that he enjoys and works pretty well within our schedule. My work is always interesting. I like my co-workers. My family are great as always. My kids are thriving. My neighbors rock! My friends are always in orbit and ready to land close by for a good time.

It will be as easy as giving up movies...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I enjoy complaining too. I think I do it well. But, like Grant Miller, I'm going to try to focus on the positive for a while.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

Must be nice. Good idea emulating me, too.

Thursday, September 28, 2006 6:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Dirty, it's highly challenging for me too. So far, not much success.

Grant Miller: You are a role model to many.

Big Orange: You and I could make a pact. When we get on the phone together one of us could say, "Same bullshit on your end?"

The other would answer, "Yep, you?"

"Yep."

Then we could move on to more fanciful things like discussing what exactly constitutes a rat's ass. When one refuses to give a rat's ass what, anatomically, would we be missing out on?

Might be fun for a while. Maybe for Lent?

Friday, September 29, 2006 9:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Frank Sirmarco said...

I'm actually going to start complaining more. My doctor says I need more angst.

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:42:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home