Thursday, January 25, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

Sausage McGriddle
This morning I had a doctor's appointment so that they could take my blood and make me generally uncomfortable, but in a nice way. I had to fast for twelve house to prepare for the blood tests they were planning to do. So, from 9:00 p.m. last night I couldn't drink or eat anything. I didn't mind skipping out on the snacks but I missed having a glass of water.
However, at 10:00 a.m. today, I wasn't so cool about the fasting. I was ready to go cannibal if I didn't get something to eat very soon. I had to get on the road and get to work and I needed something quick and easy. So I did something any desperate and time-crunched girl would do when under the influence of low blood sugar: I went to McDonald's and got a Sausage McGriddle and a large Diet Coke. If you're not familiar with this product, it is a sausage patty set between two maple-flavored pancakey buns. I know it sounds disgusting, but it is pure heaven. I know I'll pay for it later; I'm allergic to pork. But it was worth every stomach cramp I'm sure to suffer in order to savor that hot, greasy, salty, sweet treat.
I beg you, though: please don't tell anyone about this. Let's keep it our little secret.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Some Guy said...

You're secret is safe with me, although you may not have wanted to put this on your blog if you didn't want anyone to know.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:17:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Doh!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Yen said...

I'll keep your secret-- but you'll have to buy me Taco Bell to pay me off...

I'm allergic to pork as well. And wheat. And eggs. Lucky me. A McGriddle would be like a big "allergic reaction buffett" to me.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

You're on, Johnny Yen.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:49:00 PM

 
Blogger dirty said...

My kids love those things...I've never tried one but since you say that they are good then I might have to.

I don't trust my kids on how food tastes...my daughter dips peas in ketchup and my boys don't venture far from chicken nuggets.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 4:17:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried one, and it was tuff as a supertaster to keep the whole mess seperate. I'm surprised you like those things.

Saturday, January 27, 2007 1:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Doc said...

I will not have anything syrup flavored on or near my pork. I like both tastes, but I can't handle maple flavored hog. Yech!

Doc

Friday, February 02, 2007 2:54:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home