Thursday, February 22, 2007

Amy Made Me Do It

Yesterday, Amy over at Mish Mash, challenged us to write a post to match this picture, after she tragically lost the text she had crafted. So I did. Here it is.

I'm Tired

As I'm thrown forth from the wheel of life to the side of the road, I wonder where it all went wrong. I sit here, treadbare and tubeless, contemplating the phrase: when the rubber meets the road. It's beginning to make sense to me now; sadly it's too late. My life is jacked. I feel deflated, flat, like there's a giant hole going right through my center.

I should be in a rubber room with whitewalls, trying to recall the goodyears with Michelin. Alas, I have not the energy to spare. So, I nuzzle the hefty bag at my side and think how someday, I might be like the hefty bag, pressed flat, stretchy and resilient, containing all that fed me forever and ever; my secrets tied up tight.

Until that day, I'll dream of donuts and hydroplaning through the countryside, hoping to retire as a flower pot.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dirty said...

Those old tire flower pots sure are classy..I'm gonna have to think about one of those in my garden this summer.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Phil said...

Buck up, Tire, you'll outlive us all.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:10:00 PM

 
Blogger don'tneedtoknow said...

I've never felt sorry for tire until now.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 7:04:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would the mishy-mashy woman REALLY be that punny? Lettuce hope so.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 8:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home