Friday, March 09, 2007

The Wind Of Change Blows Straight Into The Face Of Time

Friday night is my night to drink. I've decided this after a successful carouse two Friday's ago (or was it last week?). I laughed like crazy with my friends, I ventured to get into an argument about poverty and racism with my racist friend and stood my ground quite nicely, thank you very much. I eventually felt sorry for him and changed the subject to Tyra Banks' arm vagina. We then dragged out the Singstar game for the play station and put on quite a show.

I hit my stride while singing "Wind of Change" by the Scorpions with my pal Elizabeth. Despite the fact that the words make very little sense and some of them are in Russian (!), we did very well. I think the song has to do with the iron curtain falling or the Berlin Wall falling. I know I was falling on my knees during this song in true Fantasia style while I belted my part. I think I even grabbed my crotch at one point.

So tip your glass to Friday and find yourself an anthem to crow. Just don't touch anything by John Mayer or I will never speak to you again.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Somewhere among my drawerfuls of clippings, notes, etc. is a picture of Scorpions singer Klaus Meiner with Gorbachev. The vid for that song has a lot of footage of the Berlin Wall coming down, so I think you're right.

I wonder if Gorbachev has any Scorpions albums.

Friday, March 09, 2007 10:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Phil said...

Rock On!!

Friday, March 09, 2007 10:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Some Guy said...

I love Friday! This one, especially.

Friday, March 09, 2007 1:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

Rock you like a hurricane.

Friday, March 09, 2007 5:45:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that must be why you got a red dot in Russia!! Actually, i heard somewhere that the band didn't KNOW any English really AT ALL other than the words to their songs!!

I always loved the whistling part.

I too USED to love Fridays, but now they've shifted over to Saturdays. As a kid Friday was THE NIGHT, first to stay up late reading books and then to try to get laid, and now with TWO kids on the Autism Spectrum, Friday is the night to go to bed early and recover!! Now that I don't get up early on Sunday for church (never liked that), I stay awake and par-tay on Saturday!!

Unfortunately, usually by myself.

Friday, March 09, 2007 6:48:00 PM

 
Blogger gennifer6 said...

I think that's a crappy song but I can appreciate the sentiment....not that anyone even asked for my opinion.

But I am quite satisfied that you have a night that is "yours". I'm like oRange, though, mine is Saturday. Friday's I'm usually recovering from the week and too tired to enjoy much.

Gee, Orange, if you lived in Ohio you could party with US on Saturday nights...

Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:27:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home