Thursday, June 14, 2007

Writing Project

Brittney Spears has been the butt of many jokes recently, as you all know. And now, attention from the media has essentially dried up for her. So, the big brains at BS Marketing Division have come up with another desparate stunt to keep her relevant:

*
I'm thinking that if we put our heads together, we could come up with an album title for her that could steer her career in the right direction. Afterall, I have no real reason to delight in her downfall, unlike other celebrities. Why not try to come up with something that would give her a credibilty boost and allow her to really become the new Madonna. I believe a good album title will guide its content someplace great. It will give Britney a direction. Let's inspire her, because, if she is making an album, which she is, we are going to have to hear it one way or another. Why not make it something meaningful instead of a shameful pile of embarassing crap.
*
But in order to suggest what I'm sure will be the best album title ever, we have to pony up 25 bucks to become a member of the official fan club. I'm so excited about this venture and so convinced that our combined talents could change the fate of one fallen star, that I would be willing to post the fee if we come up with something great. And, my friends, let's try to think about what title would be best for Britney. She is a single mom with two little kids, after all. She has no one with any brains or wisdom looking out for her. She needs our help.
Here are some to get started with:
  • Shake Loose The Redneck
  • Supernova Black Hole
  • Hoisted On My Own Spears
  • Let It Be
  • Irrelevant
  • Let's Talk About Darfur Instead
  • I Meant To Do That
  • Return To The Zone

What do you think?

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I like I meant to do that.

I also think she should capitalize on her former self. She was once the naughty, school girl. Perhaps she could be the naughty teacher now. She should do a cover of Hot For Teacher.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Splotchy said...

Good titles.

I have a couple that aren't too bad. I think she would actually show a good sense of humor about herself if she chose the first one.

"Oops"
"If I Dood It, I Get A Whippin'"
"Paying For My Very Expensive Lifestyle"
"Fumbling Towards Obscurity"

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:44:00 PM

 
Blogger BeckEye said...

I Meant to Do That is my favorite as well.

Can she use "Firecrotch," or does that technically belong to Lindsay Lohan?

Maybe she can use her recent letter to fans as inspiration and call it, "Life is Hard, Y'all."

Unfortunately, "Even Worse," "Nevermind" and "In Utero" have both been used by Weird Al, Nirvana and... Nirvana, respectively.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:50:00 PM

 
Blogger BeckEye said...

Not "both." All. All three have been used. I can count, really.

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Doc said...

What about "In through the Out Door", or "Highway to Hell", or even "I've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'". Oops, all taken.

How about:
Slippin'

All is Lost

Forget About Me

I'm Going Through Changes

Slutty Has-Been Got a New Groove For Ya!

I don't know. I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

Doc

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:43:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm STILL chuckling over how the Church of England used her as a poster child for not having sex before marriage. Am I the only person who remembers that??

Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:00:00 PM

 
Blogger SkylersDad said...

How about "Could you point out which are my kids again?"

Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:14:00 PM

 
Blogger deadspot said...

How about "What Was I Thinking?"

Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:20:00 PM

 
Blogger GETkristiLOVE said...

Um...

The Carpet Don't Match the Drapes
or
I'm Not In Disney Anymore

Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Dale said...

How about 'Hit Me Baby And Keep Hitting Me Until I Stop Showing Up'?

Friday, June 15, 2007 8:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Pezda's Ghost said...

How about Toxic, oh wait...

The Rehab Cronicles

Lifestyles of the Rich and Stoopid

Lost In The Mother Hood

Please, Please, Please Don't Forget About Me (Please)

Chastity Belt (I Shoulda Worn A)

Friday, June 15, 2007 9:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I'm not paying 25 bucks for these kinds of smart-ass answers! Come on, now, people!

Though I think Doc is on to something; Brit should cover "I'm Going Through Changes," by Ozzy.

Friday, June 15, 2007 10:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Frank Sirmarco said...

-Oops, I Forgot My Panties Again
-Close Shave
-20 Extra Pounds: Britney's Greatest Hips
-C Section
-Pennies From Kevin

I'm spent...

Friday, June 15, 2007 12:01:00 PM

 
Blogger deadspot said...

"Has Anyone Seen My Other Sleeve?"

Friday, June 15, 2007 2:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Johnny Yen said...

"Still a Punchline"

Friday, June 15, 2007 2:55:00 PM

 
Blogger vikkitikkitavi said...

"Daddy Touched Me"?

Friday, June 15, 2007 6:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Girls Gone Commando."

Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

OK, you guys. It's obvious none of you want to save Brittney's career. Sigh.

I suppose I should find a new project...

Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Dale said...

Pennies from Kevin? That's gold right thar Frank Simarco.

Saturday, June 16, 2007 12:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home