Recently, my friend and colleague, Valerie, posted the above picture on Facebook and asked if anybody wanted the furniture. I happened to catch the notice first and jumped on it with both feet. So as of Sunday, my family left and this furniture arrived. Well, my Dad and I went to get it. Of course, there is far less snow on it now.
Over all, the furniture is in decent shape. It's a bit weather-beaten and it might need some reinforcement, but, then again, who doesn't need a bit of TLC? So, my project for the week has been to beautify this wonderful Adirondack furniture.
- Went to Home Depot and bought sea foam green stain, indoor/outdoor paint, brushes, etc.
- Began to stain the furniture.
- My mind wandered as I spread stain and listened to the crows and locusts. I was glad to be able to do this project uninterrupted with no one giving me advice or taking it over
- My neighbor Wally walked over and took the brush from my hand and showed me how I ought to do it
- I finished the stain, the 50% chance of thunderstorms falling in my favor
- I walked over to the Tiki and had one beer on an empty stomach
- I staggered home and hit the hay with some Murder, She Wrote
- I grabbed a bite to eat on the way home
- I goofed off on the computer for too long
- I began painting the decorations on the furniture, whose stain looks lovely (I can't take a picture; Doc has the camera)
- I completed the design on one of the love seats and nearly completed the other, but ran out of light
- I had one beer, hit the hay with some Newhart
Tonight I plan on going straight home and finishing my designs while it's still light out. I also want to paint a quote or aphorism on the cross-pieces of the love seats. Something short and sweet. I was thinking maybe "Tempis Fugit," but I'm not completely sold. What do you think?