Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Flannery's Health and Beauty Tip


When I went to Boston earlier this month, my bottle of moisturizer broke in transit and I have yet to replace it. In the meantime, I've been trying to find something around the house that would do the trick and keep my face looking youthful and fresh. Why not baby lotion? It's gentle and appropriate for use on such sensitive skin as I have! So, I tried it for a week or so. It did keep my face moist and would do in a pinch except for the fact that it was bedtime lavender baby lotion. I couldn't figure out why I was so sleepy on my hour-long commute. I was getting my rest. I had showered every morning. I drank my share (and your share) of caffiene. What the heck was going on?
*****
It finally dawned on me. Lavender is a sleep aid. I remembered that fact from when I was working for a soap company and I had to write a training program for the use of essential oils and their properties. I nearly crashed my car from sleepiness after a day of demonstrating that stuff.
*****
Duh.
*****
So here's my tip: If you're trying to keep your face moist and get some rest, I recommend the above lotion right before bedtime. If you just want your face moisturized so you can slap your make up on in the morning before heading out to work, don't be a cheap bastard (like me); splurge on the appropriate Cover Girl product.

2 Comments:

Blogger dirty said...

How insightful...I've always used regular baby lotion on my face. Not because I liked the results but because it's what we have here...I'm cheap too.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Raven said...

I have terribly dry skin...I mean so dry that if it was possible to die of terminal body dandruff, I would. I finally found a few things that owrk for me though. First Avon Anew Ultra Cream Cleanser for washing my face and Neutrogena hand cream works wonders on my face, keeps it nice and moist all day, and the rest of me gets Vaseline Renew and Protect cream. Now wrinkles yet (knock on wood).
As for the lavendar, I put a couple of drops of that on my pillow ever couple of months...not that it helps, but I'll try anything.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home