Thursday, December 14, 2006

America: Stop It!


So now Apocalypto has received a Golden Globe nomination for best foriegn language film. This is so wrong. First of all, in my opinion, foriegn language films ought to come from foriegn language speaking artists. Oh, wait, I forgot! Mel Gibson does speak a foriegn language: crazy. Secondly, this nomination indicates that this picture is on the road to the Academy Awards. Sigh.
*****
Stop liking this movie, people! It's bad for the collective unconscious. And it contains rat hair.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Some Guy said...

I'm doing my part...

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Thank you, Chris; I knew I could count on you.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:21:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Raspberry Vinegerette.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:49:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do realize that the more you cry out NO NO NO!! the more Amerikuh will joyfully yell WHEEE!! YESYESYES!!

I mean, it's just the way things woik 'round here...

(friggin' blogger-- can't commy-ent as mesef!)

Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:35:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! got my avitar back! meanwhile, ANOTHER question for class discussion: did the Inca and Central American women-people always wear blouse-like tops? I mean if you wanna get REALY authentic, most of them folken were starkers most o' the time, no? Then he'd REALLY draw audiences!!

Thursday, December 14, 2006 4:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Slinger said...

I read that decendents of the Mayan people are complaining that it portrays their people as savages. Well, they did kind of destroy themselves!

I have no plan to see it, so you got my support as well.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Megan said...

I've got a whole Mel Gibson boycott thing going on, so you don't have to worry about me.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I just have one thing to say: Freeeeeeedom!

...and raspberry vinegrette!

Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:47:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home