Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 New Year's Resolution Number 1: No Snoozing!

I have a very bad habit of setting my alarm ridiculously early in order that I may have the opportunity to choose the next morning whether to be an eager beaver and head to work early or hit the snooze a few times, giving myself the illusion that I am sleeping in. Guess which option I usually went with.

Well, no more of that this year! For all of us in my household 2007 is not the year of the pig, as so many Chinese people mistakenly believe, rather it is the year of the eagle, the Philadelphia Eagle, that is. I will speak more on this matter soon, just know that the movie Invincible has inspired me in more ways than I've already mentioned.

So, wish me luck as I give the snooze button a break. Hopefully it will help me, an average Joe, get on a fantastic team who will soon begin it's winningest season ever.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bleagh. The Snooze Button is my BFF, dudette. I'm not joinin' yer army o' 1 on this.

Good luck, tho!!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:14:00 AM

 
Blogger dirty said...

I too am in love with my snooze button. I even set my clock ahead to trick myself...works every day.

Good luck.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Some Guy said...

I do the exact same thing. In fact, not only do I set my alarm way early, I also have the clock itself set fast to further enhance the illusion. No matter what, it's still tough getting up. I needs my snooze, but good luck to you!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I just can't do the snooze anymore. I always end up sliding, waking up later and later. Tricking myself no longer works. After all, I can't bullshit a bullshitter.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:30:00 AM

 
Blogger Phil said...

My wife does the same thing. God, I hate it.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

You can always catch up on snoozing while reading The Official Site Of Grant Miller.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 5:04:00 PM

 
Blogger Megan said...

Oh god, I could not function without the snooze button! And, like Chris, I set the clock ahead to make me feel like I'm not even getting up as early as I am.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 10:28:00 PM

 
Blogger gennifer6 said...

what good friends we are, leaving you to do this on your own. We love you but apparently we love our snooze buttons more. With that, I'm jumping ship. Nine minutes extra is nine minutes extra. Good luck with that. ;)

Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:12:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home