- My favorite type of humor is executed by initiating a Crazy Ivan or a sudden change in direction. David Sedaris and Douglas Adams are expert at this type of move and I love the disorienting effect this type of humor has on me.
- I cannot stand it when anyone touches my feet. I don't like it. My grandmother, God rest her soul, who was a womb-regression therapist, said it was because, when I was a baby, my feet turned in and the doctors recommended that my parents periodically twist my feet outward to correct them. She believed it caused me pain and now I no long want anyone to touch my feet. I think it's because I'm very sensitive. Just as I am a supertaster, I am also a super-feeler.
- My grandmother was a therapist who dabbled in womb-regression, primal scream therapy and conducting group therapy sessions on deviant sexual behavior. She had a sound-proofed room full of mattresses in her house. She was also a naturalized Canadian.
- My great, great Aunt Rose on my father's side of the family was a madam and had a brothel near my maternal grandfather's barber shop. They new each other, but just as colleagues.
- I like the idea of camping but I actually don't like camping. I like campfires and wearing flannel. I like the idea of carrying everything I need in a backpack. I like that camp dinner wear that is blue with white speckles. I like looking up a the stars. By all rights, I should like to camp, but I don't. All that nature gets in the way.
- I really like knotty pine.
- Every now and then, but moreso when I was a kid, I was totally pissed off that I wasn't born a boy. I hated that I had to wear a shirt, even though my chest looked nothing different than a boys did (when I was younger, of course), I resented being excluded from playing kickball because I was a girl (I eventually got to play because I lead a protest), I was totally pissed that I had to menstruate. For a long time, I related better to guys and didn't have many female friends. Now, I've grown to accept and actually enjoy being a girl, despite having to read "Growing Up And Liking It."
Frank, since he's back and married now
Phil, since it's been months since he's posted
Tanya, since I can't get enough of her love
Evil, Evil Genius, since it will piss him off
Hot Lemon, since it will piss him off if I don't
Tenacious S, since I want to know more...
Beth, since she'll put a great soundtrack to it
GKL, so she doesn't body check me