Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Crazy Eight Besties!


Coaster Punchman named me as one of his Crazy Eights! I fall into a great company of bloggers, who ask me to post these words:


“These bloggers are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”



It’s a tag game where Coaster Punchman had me at "exceedingly charming." And I always say "It takes one to know one!" CP hosted me in NYC and I was not only charmed, I was bewitched. This one's for you, CP!
Tanya Espanya, whose name comes up first when I think Crazy Eights. She is totally interested in self-aggrandizement, which should boot her out of the running, but her exceeding charm and friendship cancels that out. Go over there now and crush her with your love.
Skyler's Dad is an American Hero. He's here to make us laugh and remind us what life is all about. And all the times I post something, he's right there to chime in. God bless you, old friend. Read his stuff and leave him a comment.
Evil Genius, a rock and roll astronaught with an eye for beauty that is captured by argyle. Watch as his walkman starts to melt and he takes over the universe.
And Spooky McGee is correct: Moonlight Feels Right! Spooky is a dear friend who's seen her share of adversity (and yours) and still manages to be fabulous. Spend an evening with her and a glass of wine...you won't be sorry.
Deadspot is anything but. He's a watchdog and pop culture vulture, read: totally up my alley. Visit him and you'll find tasty zingers and recaps of your favorite shows. Also look for his wit right here in the comments section...
Beth will knock you out with her mix tapes and is there in a pinch when you find yourself in need of REM covering Tom's Diner. She's sweet and sassy and ready to start something fun.
Chris is another blogger I met face to face and someone I'd call a friend. I mean who else can you rely on for politics and poop in the same breath. Wait...that doesn't sound right. Check him out and you'll see what I mean.
Grant Miller must be mentioned here as one of my Crazy Eights. I was blogging a short time before I found him through a site I can't find anymore "You so drunk." The lab coat got me and I've laughed almost every time I visited him. And without him, I probably wouldn't have found most of the people above. Grant Miller Media: A nexus of blogging.
And there you have it, boys and girls...your homework. Now get on out of here and go visit my friends.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Some Guy said...

Right back atcha, Flann!

Friday, March 20, 2009 8:00:00 AM

 
Blogger SkylersDad said...

How nice to be included with all those other great bloggers. Thanks very much Flan!

Friday, March 20, 2009 10:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Chancelucky said...

So, did I at least make the top 128?

Friday, March 20, 2009 4:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I knew it! I'm going to have to do another set of eight! I suspected as much last night. You definately are in my crazy eights, CL.

Friday, March 20, 2009 4:52:00 PM

 
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

I hope I can host ya in San Diego! See, I'm such a SoCal airhead I can't even type the word "you" any more!

Monday, March 30, 2009 12:54:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home