Thursday, June 08, 2006

OK, I'll Get On the Bandwagon...At Least It's Roomy

Way back in April, my good (and psychic) friend Gennifer declared she would be following and offering her opinions on the World Cup soccer tourney...play-off? What the heck is it called? She covers football on her blog Football For People Who Don't Care About Football and will be supplementing her coverage of the Cleveland Browns with World Cup news. If her first entry is any sign of what's to come; I'm there.

Then, I hear that Drew Carey is going to be doing World Cup coverage as well. Something about hanging out at tail gate parties. Of course I love Drew Carey; he's a hometown boy made famous. I'll tune in for that.

But the final straw that broke the apathists back was this: Henry Kissinger is covering the World Cup for Newsweek. That's just too absurd for words. I must witness it.

Gooooooal!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Yes, it's the Henry Kissinger (how I'm missing-ya!) In the Newsweek article, he talks about how much he loved soccer as a boy and still enjoys it today. Maybe he'll bring politics into it. It should make for interesting coverage. I am a huge Kissinger fan.

I'll keep you posted on the Veela. (hee!)

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

I prefer cricket to football or soccer. The Wicket Keeper is Doooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn!

Friday, June 09, 2006 6:59:00 PM

 
Blogger gennifer6 said...

definitely let me know how HK performs that duty, I get ABC coverage.
Soccer really is like a dirty secret very few know; but I swear to ya, outside these borders, you wouldn't believe how BIG this is. We really are the only place in the whole world that doesn't give a crap about soccer.
I think Kissinger would make it fun. Politics aside, the best way to see football is through the eyes of a fan. That's his main qualification.
Oh, this is so exciting! I must go to a World Cup game at least once in my life.
Off to Soccerland!.....

Friday, June 09, 2006 9:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home