Monday, April 23, 2007

Riley's Got The Idea



Last Thursday afternoon, the girls and I were outside in the front yard. I saw a school bus coming around the corner and pointed it out to Riley.

"Hey, look, Riley, a school bus," I pointed, "You'll be riding one of those this fall!"

"Wow, that's beautiful!" she said.

"Yeah, I guess so," I replied.

Riley skipped around a little bit and stopped. "I'm kind of worried about it though."

"Worried about what?"

"I'm worried that the kids on the school bus will make fun of me," she replied.

"What could you possibly have to be made fun of?" I asked. "You're beautiful, smart, funny, nice, caring, brave..."

"I guess," she said, considering.

She moved to sit down next to me on the short wall that surrounds our flowerbeds a the front of our house and looked off in the distance, thoughtful.

Then she said, "Maybe it would be better if I just took a limo to school instead."

"Well, everything is better in a limo..."

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

This kid is definitely a keeper. Lock her up if you see Angelina roaming the neighborhood.

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:12:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

I will take that bitch down if she comes anywhere near my kids. Fortunately, I don't live in a third world country, so my kids probably lack appeal to her anyway.

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:16:00 PM

 
Blogger BeckEye said...

Yeah, what the hell? School buses don't have hot tubs OR bars. That's probably why I skipped school all the time.

Monday, April 23, 2007 6:03:00 PM

 
Blogger Moderator said...

You should also offer her a ride on your unicorn.

Monday, April 23, 2007 7:01:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's with bustin' on Angie, now?? Didn't you thunk she was sexxxi in an eye patch in "Captain"??

it IS interesting, though, that being made fun of on the bus should even PASS THROUGH the transem of her mind at her age.

Will she have a wet soda bar in her limo??

Monday, April 23, 2007 7:56:00 PM

 
Blogger dirty said...

Riley couldn't be more right...I need a limo for trips to the grocery store.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Beckeye: So true.

Grant Miller: No one, not even you, will get a ride on *my* unicorn

BO: I don't have anything against Angelina, unless she comes after my kids.

Dirty: A limo would make life easier...and more fabulous!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Coaster Punchman said...

You've raised a very sensible daughter.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home