Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mint Sludge


I just ate an after dinner mint. I realize it's nowhere near dinner time, but I've been training a group of 30 plus people and I needed to refresh my mouth. I grabbed one of the powdered monstrosities pictured above and popped it. As soon as mint met saliva, it began to dissolve. Not instantly, like Cotton Candy, but rather like a sandcastle hit by a sudden rain storm. It lost it's structure, but not it's gritty texture. It lost the will to mint. So I was stuck with a mouth full of what felt and tasted like gritty toothpaste. Seriously? I wanted to gag.

So now, I'm in search of the more civilized peppermint. Wish me luck and pardon me if I don't kiss you right now.

10 comments:

  1. When I first met my wife she worked as a teller at a bank. She had this huge lady manager (think Michelin Man with all of the folds), that would walk around with a large cup full of those mints. Every few minutes she would toss down a mouthful, go refill the cup when needed from a huge bowl, repeat all day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better kiss me soon. I ain't seen you in days!

    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fucking love Listerine PocketPack thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those cute li'l mints. But I'm always prepared, clutching a bottle of Dasani wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, but I thought you didn't like mint anyhow. Or is that just mint when mixed with chocolate??

    I've always loved those things, partially BECAUSE of the texture they have. But then again, I remember ages and ages ago when Flann-Dadd told me a story about the first time he and Flann-Momm fed you mashed potatoes when you were a year old and you spit THOSE out too, 'cuz they had a weird texture.

    I think texture is a big deal for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that! I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Mint Meets Saliva is my favorite Deathcab For Cutie song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must eat many many more of them for the full effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meanwhile, I feel a "I'VE GOT TO PRAISE YOU LIKE I SHOOOOOUUULD" post comin' on about that home- & handmade pizza you tossed (quite literally) up last nite. Mein Gott!!

    ReplyDelete