Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes


It's Valentine's Day and you may find yourself casting about the internet looking for good love quotes with which to woo. I say, look no further than your own URL. I've compiled a list of love quotes from all of you. And to prove my love, I've linked you too. Enjoy, meine liebchene!

XOXOX


Anyhoos, because I love you all, I have roused myself from the couch and torn myself away from the Hell's Kitchen marathon and the giant lotion-infused box of tissues to wish you all a nice, you know, whatever the fuck it is you're celebrating.

---Vikitikitavi


I've always loved Crazy Straws!

---BSUWG


But then, I'd never fallen madly in love with a man who lives in fucking Michigan before. What's a girl to do but invest in a good pair of snow boots and throw caution to the wind?

---Megan


Anyone object if I take charge of Christmas dinner? I would love to roast a turkey in that stove!

---Coaster Punchman


I hope you get what you wanted, that you eat and drink too much, and hug someone you love.

---Doc


I love a woman who knows how to dress for the occasion.

---Beth


I know you love Harry Potter, but wizard please...

---Deadspot


Love and forgiveness are neither old nor new values; they are the timeless values that make us truly human.

---Elizabeth


I want to dream of beautiful things tonight. I want to dream of sexy women, and of a life that loves me. I want to wake up and find my world static for two minutes, so that I can pay my bills and find the sexy women that I dream of.

---Evil Genius

I love free.

---Phil


So far, the artificial heart is insufficiently open to let love in.

---Grant Miller


...but I love this song...

---Johnny Yen


What if radio stations did NOT play any lurvy-dovey-mushy-gooshy love songs for the month of February? What music would actually be LEFT??

---Hot Lemon


I love going out in a warm summer rain and dancing around in it. It just makes me feel alive and free. I spare the neighborhood and keep my clothes on, but the rest...they're just going to have to deal with it.

---Raven


But I really love the snow. I love how it sparkles in the sun, and when the wind blows it around the air sparkles.

---Amy


At this point people will say we’re in love and there might be something to it. Her coffee sucks.

---Dale


If you don't love it then you are obviously devoid of mirth.

---Pezda's Ghost


I don't believe in love at first sight.

---Skyler's Dad


I love it when restaurants give you a moist towelette. They smell awesome.

---Chris


Who doesn't love triangles?

---Splotchy


I hope tonight finds you surrounded by people you love, and who love you back.

---Bubs


Sweet sweet pink love, in all your soft cuddliness, drape yourself on me and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

---Tanya


I do love you all.

---Tenacious S


If cancer is our love, then I hope you don't have the technology of chemotherapy.

---The Boob Lady


Love the banjo.
---BeckEye


Because I am merely a man, and I bring nothing but love for you, here comes the Wednesday 15:

---Frank


I love orange kitties!

---Kristi


I love you, man, but you need to just shut the fuck up .

---Genn6


Well said. Happy Valentine's Day, you mad, marvelous geniuses!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! that was lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Flan. Sorry I made you work so hard to find such a weak quote. I'll do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!

    Happy V-Day, or whatever the kids are calling it these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done, Flann! Happy V-Day to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Flan, this is great. Looks like a lot of effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous! I'm sure I don't have to tell you I'm wearing red today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really went to a lot of work on that!

    Wishing you lots of love on this Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everybody! And, yes, it was a lot of work that I didn't realize it the moment of inspiration hit me. Thus the 1:10 a.m. publish time.

    Deadspot: That is one of my favorite catchphrases of yours...you don't have to apologize.

    Beth: You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this post!

    Cute idea, Flan.

    Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you dug deep. They're all great, but Genn's is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was quite wonderful, I'd love to remember where exactly my quote came from, E, but I don't. Flan did an amazing job at catching quotes that really showed who we are. Nice work, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An excellent way to mark the day Flannery.

    Love and other stuff,
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  13. damn, if'n I knew this wuz on th' horizon I woulda' said "love is an illusion."

    there, I just did.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The question is: How does Bartlett's get into here?

    ReplyDelete
  15. All you need is...Another word for love. Otherwise it's plagiarism and that's wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea for a post, and thanks for the link. I also love me some Flannery Alden!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was an outstanding post! Major cred to you...and Happy Valentine's day...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Although I am late to acknowledge this, this is one of the sweetest things I've ever seen! It took me a minute to remember where that quote came from - I thought maybe I had said something dirty on someone else's blog! :)

    Happy belated Vday to you and Doc too!

    ReplyDelete