1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
After four and a half years of blogging, I'm not sure what you don't know about me, so this is going to be quite a challenge. But, like Beth, I love making lists, so here we go!
- I am to reality TV as George Will is to baseball. If there were daily stats, I would read them. I study the contestants, the show, the judges, the rules, the sets, the production value, the music. It is a science to me. I could probably write a book about American Idol or Survivor. I'm also pretty good at predicting outcomes, but that's because...
- I'm psychic. At least my Grandma thinks so. I'm not sure myself. Though I did know the moment my Grandpa (on the other side of the family) passed away. I also predicted several peoples' coming out of the closet. But this is probably because...
- I study people. I observe them, sometimes to the point of staring. But I can often tell what's going on behind their eyes and this gives me insight that may be confused with psychic powers. But I don't try to convince anyone I'm not psychic. It gives me an edge when...
- I play poker and the best part about poker is it gives me a chance to stare people down. What's not to love about having the opportunity to stare at people and it's not taboo? I especially like trying to stare down my parents. My Dad is nearly unreadable. My Mom gets really serious, and if she stops breathing, she's bluffing. But what's even better than staring, is...
- I love being in the moment and outside the moment at the same time. When I've got a good hand in poker, I love managing my expressions and governing my emotions, while still savoring the knowledge that I have the nuts. It's quite a challenge, but it makes me feel alive. Is that cliche? If it is, then great! Because...
- I love cliches. The more hackneyed the better. They crack me up and I enjoy the ensuing groans after I lay one out there. Some of my favorites are:
"They don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of"
"I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger with the crabs"
"Balls to the wall"
"'Til the cows come home"
"Closing the barn door after the horses get loose"
"That beats a sharp stick in the eye"
In fact, looking at a comprehensive list of cliche's to remind me of the ones I love best, I realized that my speach is overly peppered with them. But what can you do? A leopard can't change her stripes...(BTW: I also love saying them wrong...Because I'm not the sharpest bulb in the tool shed)
So, now I get to find out more about you. Here are six more sexy ladies to contribute: